Popular Posts

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Mum & Dad's

Well the next cycle of life has begun, I'm now faced with parents problems. Care homes, nursing homes, retirement flats or just a bungalow, just as Seb has moved out and Roch and I can spread our selves out in the house, my patents are filling the void. Don't get me wrong it's not their fault and I love them to bits but please just a few years of excersing the benefits of being an adult before I start crumbling myself, before I know it Seb will be looking out for me. But I wanted to walk around the house naked, well if I felt like it! I want to put on my pjs at dinner time, choose what I want to watch on the telly, turn the music up and pogo round the lounge if I feel like it. Get drunk in the afternoon and eat chocolates for dinner and bonk Richard on the kitchen floor while burning the dinner! but oh no stop, that aint going to happen. My next role has begun, carer of the crumblies, manager of their move to the UK and seller of their house, not to mention medical arranger.

Sorry I don't mean to moan, and I wouldnt have it any other way, I love them to bits and it might sound sad but I am looking forward to them being a bigger part in my life. It's just fuled with fears of acting like a teenager again as I have spent all my adult life with my parents in the USA, and I suppose with the realisation that we are all getting older and nearer to the end!

Well I will enjoy time with them, oh to pop in on my way home from work for a cup of tea, simple every day things I've never had the chance to do, so I will make new memories, memories to treasure

No comments:

Post a Comment