Popular Posts

Sunday 1 January 2012

New Year 2012

Well another new year, oh please please be better than last year.

So far it's been great, a lovely New Year Eve's mini party in the Rising Sun, turned into Cafe Rene with all the locals dressed as Allo Allo characters. I was Michelle, Richard was Lft Castairs of course, sporting official moustache and flying goggles. Daphne went as Grandma, I mocked up a bed for her. It was a lovely evening with locals and friends, we welcomed in the new year with bubbles and songs. Then lite chinese lanterns with special messages on them. I wrote a message to Andrew, but it was difficult to get it alight, when it eventually did it Flew into a tree, and the tree caught fire, that's says it all Andrew is staying with me, god bless him. It made me cry, and remember how sad I felt last year, as it was a year to the day we heard the news that Andrew had cancer. But despite my sadness it was a lovely evening, I really enjoyed myself, but ended up sleeping on the floor as my bed was spinning.

The first day of the new year was fabulous, we went to Tony & Val's for lunch with all the old crowd. Oh it was lovely to see everyone, 4 generations from Val's mum to Saddie, Gemma's beautiful daughter. How lucky I feel to have such special friends, and it makes me realise how I must make time for my friends in my busy life. So we've decided to make a dinner date night once a month to ensure we make time for each other. As we all know friendship is like growing plants, leave them alone they wither and die, feed them, talk to them and spend time with them they grow into something beautiful that you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment